Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Buttermilk Channel




A madhouse at brunch with a deafening din though the food lives up to the hype. Very solid comfort grub with a twist. I was seated at the dreaded bar, which I hate, though looking at the crowd, I reluctantly agreed. I ordered the fried pork chop over waffles, a take off on the famous dish of chicken and waffles. Big perfectly fried pork chop with light and tasty waffles with real maple syrup for $15 bangers. The pork chop could have been slightly more seasoned though with great cooking was a clever dish. Also ate as shown the fresh fried apple cider donut which was well fried and powdered with sugar for $2 bangers. Other dishes around me looked first rate. This corner spot is meticulously renovated with a touch of the vintage look so very popular in Brooklyn joints these days. GO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the review! This place is right down the street from our apartment so we'll definitely GO! :-) There was an issue with me trying to email you. Can you forward your email address to me at clinical5@aol.com so that I can email you the L&B Anniversary pics? We had a great time!! Thank you so much, Franny!!! Justine