Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Saigon Grill


Today was my second visit to Saigon Grill and I can't manage to tear myself away from the grilled porkchops which is on the lunch special for $8.75 pictured above and served with jasmine rice and pickeled cucumbers, cabbage and carrots with a tangy sauce and hot spices if you can tolerate it. The pork chops are marinated in a mix of honey and spices and grilled. This being a grill, the pork chops are succulent, sweet and carmelized at the edges. The meat paired with the pickeled salad and jasmine rice offers a great balance of flavors and textures. The space at Saigon Grill is soaring and sumptuous and the lunch specials are almost all under $10. At lunch the restaurant is moderately busy, though I have seen a wait outside at dinnertime where the prices are about 30% higher. I would recommend lunchtime for the real value. Bathroom is multi-stalled, new and unremarkable.
GO!

No comments: